SOCIAL SKILLS PROGRAM
Talk with our team and get more info on our Social Skills Program.
Quick facts about our quarterly sessions:
- Open to children ages 3-9 with an autism diagnosis
- Our sessions run from 7-12 weeks at a time*
- 1 session per week for each group (for a total of 12 sessions per child)**
- Students may be in more than one group
- 4 social skills groups available designed to build different skills
*We offer 4 sessions per year, with a shortened summer session.
** Our summer session offers 2 sessions per week.
Curious about what our group sessions look like?
Take a behind-the-scenes look at our Let’s Play Together group, designed for young learners who need support building both their independent play skills, and learning to appropriately play and share with peers!
About Our Social Skills Program
Realizing Children’s Strengths’ Early Childhood division provides a Social Skills Program at our centers in Woburn, MA! The program offers a variety of ABA-based social skill groups for children ages 3-9, each creating a skill set for positive peer connections, confidence building and self-awareness in a therapeutic, nurturing environment. Our groups assist with growth in social settings, and are designed by Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA) with expertise in early childhood education. Children work together in groups of up to 6 peers of similar ages, abilities and communication styles, focusing on social, play and group learning skills. Each group is led by a BCBA and Registered Behavior Therapist (RBT), and the program is covered by most insurance plans with private pay options available.
The Social Skills Program runs throughout the year with new 12 week sessions beginning in, March, July (6 weeks), September and November
Social Skills Groups and Descriptions
Let's Play Together - Level 1
This group targets foundational skills to be successful in a group environment and is designed for early learners that may not have experience in a classroom setting. Skills targeted in this group include successfully transitioning away from a caregiver and into a classroom, transitioning from activities, following individual adult directions, independent play, and parallel play with peers. Additionally, children in this group can include peer models from Let’s Play Together Level 2.
Let's Play Together - Level 2
This group is designed for early learners ready to transition to the next step for peer interactions and group instruction. Skills targeted in this group include participation in a group game, following group directions, cooperative play with peers, requesting items from peers, and imaginative play.
Let's Be Friends
This group focuses on targeting the social skills necessary to create and maintain positive social relationships with peers within a fun and engaging group setting. Skills targeted in this group include turn taking, responding to statements or comments from peers, asking peers to play, and more!
Ages 5 – 7 years old
(*Able to enroll up to age 9)
This group focuses on developing conversational skills to foster self confidence and positive connections with peers. This group teaches awareness, listening skills, conversational turn-taking and using individual voices to express. Confident Conversations is designed for children who are already demonstrating independent play skills and communication with peers, and eager to develop strong bonds and healthy conversations.
Want us to keep you updated? Click HERE to get more information about upcoming sessions in our Social Skills Program!
- Ages 3-9
- 1.5 hour sessions
- Groups offered Monday-Thursday afternoons at 4-5:30pm or 4:30-6pm
- Small-group, high quality Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Therapy Session
- Groups are led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), LABA and assisted by one of our Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT)
- Covered by most insurance plans and private pay options available!
- Your child will interact and play with peers in a fun and safe environment
- Groups designed to prepare your child for participating in group activities and peer play such as in school, group-based activities and natural or structured play with other children.
- Each child is assessed individually to determine which group is the best fit to focus on their individual needs
- Develop positive connections and friendships with similar-aged peers
- Focus on confidence building and self-awareness
- Therapeutic, nurturing and fun environment
- Develop skills in the areas of:
- Social Skills
- Sharing and Turn Taking
- Cooperative Play
- Following Group Instructions
- And more!
COVID Safety Measures
We are committed to exceeding cleaning and physical distancing guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our students, families and staff. We have implemented rigorous safety measures around our centers.